Contest: Book Giveaway - A Corner of White
This contest is over. The winner is Lisa Pecora from Nashua, NH.
Madeleine and her mother have run away from their former life, under mysterious circumstances, and settled in cramped quarters in a rainy corner of Cambridge, England.
Meanwhile, in the Kingdom of Cello, Elliot is searching for his father. He disappeared a year ago, the same night that Elliot's uncle was found dead on the side of the road. Official word is that a third-level Purple is responsible, but talk around town is that Elliot's dad may have murdered his brother and run away with the high-school physics teacher. Elliot refuses to believe this, and is determined to find both his dad and the truth.
When Madeleine and Elliot begin to exchange messages across worlds -- through an accidental gap that hasn't appeared in centuries -- the large and small events of their lives start to intertwine. Dangerous Colors are storming across Cello (a second-level Gray will tear you to pieces; a first-level Yellow can blind you), while Madeleine is falling for her new friend Jack. In Cello, they are searching for the tiny Butterfly Child, while Madeleine fears that her mother may be dangerously ill.
Can a corner of white hold a kingdom? Can a stranger from another world help to solve the problems -- and unravel the mysteries -- in your own? And can Madeleine and Elliot find the missing pieces of themselves before it is too late?
Enter your information below for a chance at winning this hardcover first edition from Jaclyn Moriarty, the author of The Year of Secret Assignments.Find all our contests on Sweepstakes Advantage
Eligibility and Rules
· Contest is open to persons of any age currently residing in the United States. We will only mail the prize to a winner residing in the U.S.
· A good faith effort will be made to deliver the prize to the winner at the address provided in a timely fashion. The Trades is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages.
· Sponsor's employees and their dependants are ineligible.
· Only one (1) entry per address will be permitted. Multiple entries will result in all entries being invalidated.
· Limit one (1) prize per person.
· Incomplete entries will be discarded. Remember to include your full name and mailing address, including apartment number, where applicable. The Post Office will not deliver items with incomplete addresses. If a prize is returned as undeliverable, a new drawing will be held and the prize will be awarded to another entrant.
· March 15, 2013 is the final day of the contest.
· The winner will be chosen randomly from all valid entries received. The winner's name will be posted here.
· No purchase necessary.
· Your information will be used only in the event that you are the winner, for mailing purposes.
· All information entered is deleted from our database 6 months after the end of the contest.